Monday, May 29, 2023

Floating Platform Concept

 

This is a concept for a floating platform that will be next to the Space Port module.  Right now the Space Port look like this.

My vision is to have at least one and maybe to landing pads and a floating walkway connecting the Space Port module to the floating platforms.

These are the only two base plates available.  I have one set and will acquire a few more, depending on the price.  These are not available in large quantities, so they demand a good price. I am thinking right now two landing pads and one connection piece.

The first picture is my first attempt at this.  I need a lot of black pieces to do this.  We always use a black table covering and that will be required to get the right effect.  Then I would build a walkway, similar to the one in the second picture.  Except it would be anchored on one end to the Space Port (as it is in the picture) and the other end to the floating platform.  Then the detailing starts. This provides a completely new "canvas" to work on, spotlights, small control tower, landing lights, vehicles, different size spacecraft, etc, etc, etc.

More on this in the coming weeks.  I am planning on some small version of this for Brick Fest Live in San Jose, June 17-18.


No comments:

Post a Comment