Saturday, March 2, 2019

MP3 Output is Hard to Get

I always debate about writing about trials and tribulations of getting something to work.  Mostly I just wait until I solve the problem.  But it has been a while, so here goes.

I have the VS1053/VS1063 driver coded.  And as far as I can tell from the logic analyzer, the data is being transferred correctly.  The driver is doing what it is supposed to do.  I see the file open, the file size determined, and then the buffers are filled with data and transferred to the mp3 player.  When the all of the file data is transferred, the player gracefully shuts down.  Also the mfg start up routine is working, in that I can read and write registers and I get the results I expect.

So next I coded some of the chip test routines that are provided natively in the chip.  Baiscally it is supposed to generate a sine wave.  Cant hear anything, but will look at it with a scope today. 

This seemed simple and the logic analyzer gave me confidence it was working.  Next step is to peruse some other samples of working code looking for a gotcha.  If that doesn't work, I have a self contained program, mp3 file included as a constant, that works on a PIC18F,  Pull out the HPC curiosity board and see if I can get it to work there.

No comments:

Post a Comment