Friday, May 3, 2019

Brick Buddy 2 Daughter Card

The Mass Storage and MP3 player card is almost done.  It is still missing the speaker connector.  The picture below shows what it looks like.


The connector on the left is a place holder until I find the correct 3D model.  Instead of the socket shown, it should be a pin connector on the bottom side. The blank area on the right is for the speaker connection. It will either be a standard 3.5mm jack or some type of push down connection. There is a concern with the height as I am trying to maintain the same dimensions as the Brick Buddy 1.

Previously, I was deciding about the amplifier.  While I had acquired 250 of MAX9711 Class AB amplifiers for free, I was worried about heat and efficiency with those.  Looking around at other options and in particular Class D amplifiers, I chose the MAX98306E.  It was small, relatively inexpensive and has been used by other Makers in projects. Additionally, I was able to get a small evaluation board to play with.

Nothing much else has changed.  The board is a simple 2 layer PCB and about as small as I can make it and still assemble in my lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment