Friday, June 16, 2023

Brick Fest Live - Setup

 

Spent the day setting up in the Expo Hall of the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds.  First load being wheeled in.

Now the unpacking begins.


First job is to get the center built and anchored.  This is the most important step in building the Space Outpost,.


Then I assemble the hangers that are behind all the cliffs.


Helps when you remember how they go together and don't have to go back an re-assemble
 

Here the right cliff side (front view) is done.The two hangers and the new spacer are all connected.   Power now flows through the hangers.  The changes I made to the power distribution  made a huge difference in setup.  To ensure that the power was connected correctly, I connected the power and left it on as built out from the center.  That way I knew if the connection was good.

And the front view.

Here is the right side with all the modules connected.  Because I wanted more of curve on the left side where the new floating platform goes, I used two shallow bends in a row.

A longer view of the right side while I work on the left side.

The left side coming together.

The technique is to connect the front platform to the cliff wall.  Then slide this into the existing structure.  This seems to be the easiest way to do this.  Then I use 2x8 plates to connect it all.

Here I am sliding the next section into place.

On the right side I used two large angle connectors to force the Space Port module as close to perpendicular to the front face as possible.  This is the first time I have done this, I wanted to see what will happen.  For this setup it is OK.  But if I expand the floating platform, the angle of this is going to be critical.. In this arrangement, adding in any direction except to extend on the current line will not work.  I was looking at three landing pads base plates and one interconnect road base plate.  More thought is needed on this aspect.

This shows the final arrangement. 

Long view from the left.


Long view from the back.

Long view from the right.

Front view.  At 4:45PM and 4 1/2 hours of assembly, we called it quits for the day.  Still need to do some detailing in the morning.

Finally the boys doing there daily PT.





No comments:

Post a Comment