Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Some Train Stuff

 

 

The ETE EuroWest Train show was in San Carlos.  I have not been able to go for the last few years either because it did not happen or I was otherwise occupied.  So this trip was very much anticipated.  I had a limited amount of time, so I did not take too many pictures of everything.  

I took these two because there is something I will be doing.  That is a roadway across tracks and probably in a curve.


And here are some pictures from previous Euro West shows.







I did purchase a few things.  There is no doubt that Marklin Train hobby is more expensive than the Lego Hobby and just as consuming.

This is the oil refinery area.  There is suppose to be 2-3 more refineries in this area.  I do have them, but they are of unknown state.  Plus the one that is there, has issues.  I managed to find one at the show for $25 which is about half of what I had paid on Ebay years ago.   And I found another large tank that may go somewhere or be used for parts.


I am always looking for rolling stock and new engines.  I found a nice BR50 (37844) for $125.  Not a bargain basement price, but decent.  To go with this was a collection of Electrotren (Spanish) tank cars.  These were $10 for the short ones and $15 for the long ones.  So I got one long Aral tank car, 3 short Aral tank cars and one short tank car of Shell, BP, and Esso.  That was seven cars in all for under $90.  I am happy.

This shows three tank car trains.  The closest is a Marklin Texaco train.  The middle train is mostly a Marklin Aral train (plus a Minol) with a BR81 engine.  The far train is the one I just purchased.  The BR50 engine and 5 Aral tank cars.  





No comments:

Post a Comment