Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Brick Fest Live San Diego - Begins

 

 

Since I mostly got around the XC8/MPLAB problem I was having, I have spent the time getting ready for Brick Fest Live San Diego.  The last time we were there was in Nov 2021 and it was actually in Del Mar.  This year it is at the convention center down town.  This where Comic Con is every year.  

I finished the updating the Space Port and floating platform as far as it was going in this round.  The space port was converted to a Brick Buddy 3 controller that is buried in the base, instead of a huge Brick Buddy 1 on the outside.  Also modified the back side for the eventual connection to a tunnel into the mountain.

The other important item I finished was a new electrical connection method using the old 9V Black motor connectors.  This is now used to power the Maintenance Shed.  It cannot be attached during transport, so I needed a simple way for this to work.  I intend to use this method for the large mast lights on the floating platform also.

After the show, I will be writing up several posts on the space Port Conversion, the Maintenance Shed and the new electrical connection methodology.  

More info on Brick Fest once we get to San Diego and start setting up.




No comments:

Post a Comment