Monday, February 4, 2019

I have a working FAT

Well it has been 3 weeks of work on and off to get here.  But I finally have a working file allocation table using a SST26 Flash.  I have made some big changes to the driver so that it will continue to work with both SST25 and SST26 Flash.  Unfortunately I have no way right now to test it with SST25.

Things I changed:
1. Updated the array of supported parts to include all of the SST26 parts
2. Updated the geometry function to be expandable to just about any flash IC by using a large switch statement.  Probably is a better way to do this, but at the time this was easiest.
3.  Changed the flash detect to first find the JEDEC ID and then populate all of the needed functions.  This change eliminated all of the older SST25 parts that did not support the JEDEC ID command.
4.  Separate unlock processes for SST25 and SST26 devices.
5.  Finally had to change the type of one variable, since the SST26 can program in page size.  An 8bit unsigned int was not going to work.

There are other items that were changed and it is best if you do a diff on the original files and the ones I eventually post, just so you know waht was changed.

What I have working is the SST25FAT example.  Not the best test of the driver changes.  Next I am going to integrate the USB MSD drivers so that I can test the drive with a PC.  That way I can write a PC program to read and write the drive with various size files to verify that it works.  Once I know that it is working I will post the firmware here, probably  will be a link back to the website.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment