Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Moving on to USB Device MSD

I started the next phase of design implementing the USB device mass storage device.  This went unusually fast, especially as compared to the last few weeks.  My first attempt enumerated the drive on my PC, but the media failed to mount.  I went back to my FAT Test project just to make sure nothing else changed and that works just fine.

Next step is to integrate the console feature so I can send debug messages out of the serial port to the PC.  Also have a strange event in that once the PC enumerated the drive the starter kit onboard debugger disconnects.   A web search shows this can happen for several reasons, one being wrong configuration descriptors.  Not critical yet, but something to keep an eye on.

No comments:

Post a Comment