Thursday, February 14, 2019

Basic Brick Controller

Last night I integrated the HID device and my basic packet dispatcher routines.  My basic software structure is as HID packets come in, they are loaded into processing queue.  The HID packet size is set to 64, but in my protocol, the packet size is limited to 20.  (Does not apply to text strings coming back from the Brick Controller.)  These are just control packets except for when a script is downloaded, but that is a maximum of 256 bytes.  Then serial queue is processed and the commands are executed.  All of this seems to work now.

Anywho, the development board connected to the PC, the Brick Buddy PC software recognized the device and started downloading configuration data from the Brick Controller.  At the same time the MSD SPI Flash drive connected and was available for use.  So I have basic HID/Brick Controller functionality and a USB Mass Storage Device.

My next task is to see if I can get the VS1053 MP3 player to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment