Monday, May 4, 2020

Expanding the Space Port MOC

After watching Lego Masters, I was inspired again to expand the Bricks By the Bay 2018 MOC I built, especially since Richard and Flynn are members of BayLUG.  As a reminder this is what it looked like in 2018



and the subset I took in 2019





As you can see the design is modular with angular connectors like these



 This how the curve was created.  The new plan is to reverse these connectors and instead of a concave overall design, it will be convex.  Then start to build a cliff terrain behind this.  In a complete fantasy world it would be a complete circle around a mountain.  Here is a sample of the cliff terrain from another MOC at one of the Bricks by the Bay.


There are some issues that need to be solved first.  One, building realistic terrain.  I have seen some good examples, so research is needed in this area.  Second, how to make it curve at the same rate as the modular portions.  finally, how to make it transportable, that is modular.  If I can't move it, not going to worth anything.

More as I dive into this also.

No comments:

Post a Comment