Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Brick Controller II Progress

Before all this insanity started, I was very close to completing the design on the Brick Controller II.  In this post on 6/14/19, I described the state of the hardware.  In earlier post I described the progress on the various software components.  One item that was missing was the USB Bootloader.  I feel that this is very important to be able to upgrade the firmware, both for the inevitable bugs that crop up and for future enhancements.

Well the Bootloader has been causing me problems for the last few days.  It kind of worked, then did not work at all.  I actually went back to one of my earlier blog posts to read how I solved the original USB HID problems I was having. That at least allowed me to make progress and the bootloader seems to come up reliably now.  Next step is to integrate the application and see if I can update the firmware.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment