Sunday, May 31, 2020

MP3/FLASH Test Platform


While I am waiting for the main BCII PCB to come back, I am building a test platform for the MP3/FLASH  add on module.  I had developed the code for this module using the Microchip PIC32MX Curiosity Board, a MikroBus Click MP3 module and a MikroBus Click 64Mb FLASH Module.  There is still more code development and I thought it would be better to use the known Microchip Curisoity board to develop on than the new untried BCII PCB. 


I designed a small carrier PCB that would plug into the two MikroBus slots on the Curiosity board and pickup all the signals. 




Then the completed MP3/FLASH module would plug into the carrier board.  Here is a picture of how that will look.

Now all I have to do is assemble the two boards.  The carrier will be easy.  The MP3/FLASH module will be more challenging.  Plus the MP3 portion is handled by a VS1053B and only AdaFruit had them in stock.They are in NYC, so we will see how long this takes for them to come in.





No comments:

Post a Comment