Sunday, July 12, 2020

Bricks by the Bay 2020 Recap


virtual vision.jpg

This was different, that is for sure.  Given the option was nothing, this was quite good. 

Things that were not the best
  1. The schedule was too tight, no space between events
  2. A lot was crammed into one day
  3. The virtual attendance allowed me to work on the BB2 firmware, good and bad.  But occasionally I know I missed a few things when I was focused on debugging the second serial interface.
Things that were great
  1. The LEGO Masters panel was the best
  2. The Bricklink Studio was informative, since I have never used it
  3. The virtual sessions allowed you jump, though that was not nice to the presenter
  4. There was a lot of interchange among the attendees that was invaluable
  5. Some of these were recorded, so viewing them later is possible.
Ideas for the future
  1. I think that a hybrid convention is the future
  2. I think the technology is only going to get better
  3. While I appreciate the $5 price, it was under priced for what was presented
What happens next year is anybody guess, but this was much better than not doing it.




No comments:

Post a Comment