Monday, June 14, 2021

Daughter Card for Brick Controller 2

Spent more time on this than I wanted.  At first I thought there was a PCB error, then realized I had swapped the two SPI ports from the proto I built earlier.  This meant having to chase down ANSEL, TRIS and port settings on the PIC32.  Once that was solved, the drive registered with Windows and we were off and running.  One interesting item is any SPI baud rate above about 500KHz has no effect on the time to write to the FLASH memory (SST26).  For now I dont care, as long as it reads fast enough to keep the MP3 decoder pipeline full.

Next was to place the MP3 decoder chip on the daughter card.  This again was chasing down incorrect settings on the PIC32, but it was finally started to respond.  Now I need to connect a headphone jack to the board and see if it is decoding properly.  The PCB design has a class D amplifier on it, I just have not improved my soldering skills enough to try it.


No comments:

Post a Comment