Sunday, March 11, 2018

Horizontal Generator Model

In the post on the First Look at Four Platform MOC I showed the vertical spinning generator model.  The post also showed a horizontal spinning generator.  I acquired four of these trans light blue 10x5 x6 half cones from one of the new Ninjago sets.  I thought they looked intereesting and started playing with how to mount them.  Mounting them back to back was interesting and will discuss this in a later post.  I continued to play with these parts and some 10x10 octagon plates and then finally finished the model of this.  Here is the model in it's current state.

I managed to hide the small gearbox in the middle.  That way the drive will be underneath.  Unfortunately it does not look like the longest axle will span the width, so not sure how that is going to work yet.  Also still playing with the colors, may have to get my two consultants involved with that.  Finally have some ideas for hoses installed to look like power cables coming out for powering the base.

No comments:

Post a Comment