Friday, April 6, 2018

Light Controller Firmware (part 8)


Well my day job keeps getting in the way.  Once I got deeper into programming the LP5569, it became apparent I needed something to show all the lights.  I built a crude proto that is shown here.



But something more was needed, so I did a quick design with SMT LEDs in an RGB pattern.  This is one capability of the LP5569, so I decided to implement it.  This board will give a user two things, 1) the ability to test there scripts/configurations and 2) a blank board can be used as a breakout board.  A 3D model of the board is shown here.


Due to cost considerations for this proto, the board is 1.25in wide.  (Minimum width for a "bare bones" PCB from PCBFAB Express.).  The final version will be 0.925 in wide or less.   The mounting holes are on Brick Stud centers.

The final issue yet to be resolved is the separate connector for the PIC LEDs.  They probably should be on the same connectors as the LP5569.

My intention is to offer this as development kit of sorts.  The kit will come with two boards, one populated with connectors shown and LEDs and the other board will be blank, plus 3 cables to connect to the Light Controller.

No comments:

Post a Comment