Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Train Progress over Holidays

I worked mostly on the oil refinery and oil processing area.  The above pictures shows some of what it looked like.  I finished building the oil refinery models.  Then I built one more large oil tank.  


These two pictures show what the area will look now.  It has four oil processors, two medium size tanks and one large tank.

This picture shows the four oil loading/unloading stations. 

What is left to do:

  • Brick retaining wall around the area.
  • Gravel/ground cover around the facility
  • Stairs to get in and out of the facility
  • Ballast next to all track areas
  • Build a piping system from the refinery to the loading/unloading area
  • Install the overhead lighting


I have been playing with the small side track area near the oil pumps.  This actually on the other side of the layout.  This is what I think is going to happen .  There are two track side oil loading/unloading stations.  Then I will take some of the small oil tanks that I have that are built, but have no home and turn them into small temporary storage near these two pumping stations.  At the end of the left track you can see on small tank placed on its end.  The tank to the right of all the track will be taken apart (probably cut with a Dremel Tool).  Then I can continue to built a small storage area.  Then some piping from the oil pumps themselves will finish out the detail.  Then I just need to place the final road and gravel areas and this corner of the layout will be done.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment