Monday, July 2, 2018

Jet Pack Base Build (Part 1)

The final platform is the Jet Pack base.  This is intended to be an area where the Jet Pack Squadrons work from.  There will be two squadrons the Blue and Green, which will be designated by the detailing of each minifig.

There are two motors controlling antennas for each squadron.  Below is what the base looks like with the gear trains installed.  The first one is the full view of the platform.


This is a closeup of one side.  I wanted the antennas to spin a little faster than other ones, so the gear reduction is not as great and I may still take it down some more.

You will notice that the base platform was modified to squeeze the motor and gear train into the corners as much as possible.

Here is the what it looks like with the top framing installed.



Initially I wanted a rising platform in the center back for moving the Jet Pack Minifigs from the outfitting area to the launch area, but this just became too hard for the time frame I have.  So I built this with as much space a possible for this.  If I get everything else done for Bricks by the Bay, then I may revisit this.

No comments:

Post a Comment