Sunday, July 1, 2018

Horizontal Generator Build (Part 3)

I had this large area out in front on either side that I was trying to decide what to do.


At one point I was thinking about a crane to lift the canisters out of the charging area,  But this looked very complex to be able to rotate both in azimuth and elevation.  So I started thinking of other options.  One one of my many visits to the Lego store I took pictures of the $800 Falcon.  I was fascinated with the detailing that had been done as shown here.


and the detailing in the new Y-Wing shown here.


So with this as inspiration, I came up with this.


Here are closeups of each side.

 

This is still a work in progress, though the theme is mostly done.  What I learned was that light bluish gray (LBG) on LBG doesn't work.  You will notice that the first picture has more dark bluish gray (DBG) as the underlying structure and all of the texture parts are LBG.  This has a much look as the texture stands out.  Still need to find transparent dark blue bars to replace the transparent light blue ones.  There will be some other tweaks as well.  Overall I am happy with the way this turned out.  Will probably extend this design detail to the laser cannon platform as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment