Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Setup Progress is Slow

I have spent the last several days setting up the development environment.  This has proven more difficult than I had originally thought.  I use two to three laptops.  One for the PC software and PIC firmware development, one for debugging (sometimes two when doing simultaneous debugging of PC and PIC) and one to just run the PC software.  

Two of these have been shutdown for 6 months.  One started right away, but the other insisted on a major Windows update.  Then it would not start again.  After much struggling and research, it finally completed the update and started.  

Since my last Android update, Google has changed Play Store requirements to all apps must be 64 bit.  This required a compiler update to the RAD Studio software I use (for both Android and PC).  Then one of the components on the PC side I use (power monitor instrument display) has issues with the latest version of the compiler.  I have been waiting for this to get resolved, but has not yet.  Additionally some other third party components need to be updated.  

The Brick Buddy 2 started and connected to the PC, however it does not seem to connect via Bluetooth.  Next steps is to verify what functionality still works and what does not.  Then I can develop a new plan to move forward.



No comments:

Post a Comment