Monday, January 3, 2022

Year 2021 in Review

Another year is done.  Did not get as far as I wanted, but things did get done.

Lego Shows

Bricks By the Bay was fun, even if it was virtual.  Learned a lot that I am now applying to the Planetary Space Base.  Here is hoping that this year will be live and in person.

Nebraska Brick Days was an interesting take on a Lego show.  Different than Bricks By The Bay, but had a lot unique items and a completely different vibe.  First live show I have been to in a while, even though I was just an attendee.  There were a lot more people there than I expected.



Brick Fest (San Diego) was also a lot of fun.  Fairly large crowd, but was just a presentation type show.  Really enjoyed talking with the attendees about what we are doing and how I was inspired to build the Planetary Space base.  I have missed this part of the shows.  That is where the real fun is as a presenter.



Brick Building

Built the NES system, then dropped it on the floor and had to rebuild it.  





 

Continued building on the Planetary Space base.  Started the cliff behind, which is a large undertaking.


 

Train Building

Made good progress on the train layout.  The Grand kids enjoyed watching the limited run on the video chats.  


 

Miscellaneous Building

The Billy Bookcase Hack I did has proved to be very useful. In a small space I have created a maximum  amount of storage space that is easily accessible. And as a plus, it looks good also.  




 

Development Road Map

Brick Buddy 2 is progressing slowly and still needs work.  The bigger issue will be parts availability.  Electronics parts have disappeared from the main stream suppliers and the secondary market can be 10 to 100 times more expensive.  That makes it cost prohibitive to produce right now.

Planetary Space Base made progress enough to continue to show it.

Train Tools did not get anywhere.  I have been working on a new turnout/signal control board.  My original design is rather old at this point and some of the parts are now unavailable.  So with the knowledge of the previous version, I have been working on a design that can be purchased.


On to 2022.



No comments:

Post a Comment