Monday, February 27, 2023

Working on the Cliff Wall

 


As the Space Base transforms to more detail and more solid structure, I am starting on the left side of the Space Base and will work completely around that side first.  The main reason for that is on the right side is the first module I built (see below).  For the cliff to fit behind it, the whole module needs to be rebuilt to bring in it into compliance with the overall design guidelines.   

What is happening is the area directly behind the Cliff Wall is the hanger/work area.  A portion of the Cliff Wall will be part of this work space in some areas.  Also one of these Cliff Wall modules will have a pathway through it and one will have a observation area behind the transparent light blue glass that looks out on the space in front of the Space Base.

Here I have started dismantling the Cliff Wall for parts.


Here is the new structure that the Cliff Wall is built on.  I am not going to need all the rock panel parts that I acquired to provide structure.  They may work in other sections, we shall see as I progress around the left side of the Space Base.

The back side that will open to the hanger area.  More on this as I make progress.  My ultimate goal is to have the left side done prior to Omaha Brick Days in late April.

 









Here is the latest on the cliff wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment