Friday, April 7, 2023

Including Power

 


Following up on this post, here is a quick tutorial on how I make sure these small PCBs fit exactly where they belong.

Here is what we are building.  This is a small PCB the size of a 2x3 plate.  When only one connector is on each side, we can place a 1x2 tile on each end.  If there are 3 connectors on the one side, then only a 1x1 tile will fit.

I use a scrap plate (6x10) and then some 1x2 and 1x4 bricks.  They are arranged as shown here.  (Now everything red was probably not a good choice for photography).  Then I verify that the small PCB will fit.

Then I place a small drop of super glue on the center of each tile, maybe just a little to the inside.

Spread the glue around.

Then place the the PCB into the fixture and press.

To prevent any excess super glue from bonding to the bricks, after about 2 seconds I start removing them.  If there is any super glue on the bricks, I remove it with a piece of foam.  A paper towel would disintegrate and bond to the brick.  A cloth could also be used.  Then I let it sit there for  bout 10 mins to make sure the bond is strong.  Then the entire assembly can be removed.





No comments:

Post a Comment