Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Cliff Rebuild

At Brick Fest Live in San Diego, during packup, I dropped a cliff onto the floor.  I did not have the presence of mind to take a photo.  Later I did not have the heart to take a photo of it in the box in pieces.  This picture above shows it after some reconstruction.

Here is the first floor and cliff support structure redone.  Nothing changed here.


Here I have finished the cliff support structure.  This cliff is the one that had the window built in.  I added a shelf with coffee and doughnuts.  Plus some non-descript bottles underneath.

A close up of the window.  I may need to clean this window eventually.

Here I have started the process of rebuilding the cliff.  Actually most of what you see, survived the drop.  

This is the finished cliff.

Now I need to reinstall the LED lighting.  I was never satisfied with what I had done in this section.  A single light in front of the Blacktron Logo was just not the answer.  I decide to install two.  Also the two top side computer screens were not really visible from the floor because of the posts for the transparent light blue windows.  So I move the computer screens out a few studs, so they are easier to see.

I had already run the wire from the connection point at the bottom, up through the hole in the first floor and behind the 1 x 1 round bricks.  In the support structure, I had used technic 1 x 4 bricks so I could take advantage of the holes in the bricks.  Since the wire was pretty much cut to size, I needed something to support the LED module while I soldered on it.  So I built a small work surface that would capture the LED module, thus I don't have to chase it across the space.

 Here is the second LED module prepped for soldering.



These two pictures show how the wire is captured and held in place.  There is a stack of two 1 x 1 round plates ( you can only see the tan one that is on top).   The wire is held in place by the gap between the two round plates.  It is just big enough to hold the twisted pair wire. 


The final result.  It is much better than before.





No comments:

Post a Comment