Thursday, November 2, 2023

Lego Sort from Road Trip

 

Finished sorting all the acquired LEGO from the trip.

I generally do a rough sort by color and then by type-plates, bricks, tiles and other.  But since this haul was overwhelming tan, the other colors were just thrown into a tub and sorted by part type later.

Here is am still trying to sort through the large tub of tan.

It is mostly sorted here.  I thought at the time I had gotten enough 2 x 6 and 2 x 4 tan bricks that I needed for the next cliff builds.  Turns out I went through them very fast.  So now I am searching Bricklink trying to find the least cost at one place so as not to get eaten by shipping costs.

I know I have said this before, but it bears repeating if only to confirm what other people might be seeing.  If you buy bulk bricks like I do, then you need to prepare yourself for spending time sorting and putting them away.  I would say at least 10% of my time goes into the sorting and storing process.  Is it worth it?  Well a piece that you have but cannot find is not very valuable. 😎



No comments:

Post a Comment