Thursday, June 21, 2018

Laser Cannon Platform (Update 1)

Well did some playing around with the overhead structure.  I started with this.



And ended up here.


To clean it up some, I will have three green and three blue domes, the neon yellow will be replaced.  This is keeping with the blue and lime green color scheme for  power.  The vertical supports will have the same detail as other places with generators.

I had an interesting time with the hose connections.  The hoses were too short to reliably connect.  The stress created by the curving would cause the 1x2 brick to disconnect.  What I ended up doing was putting two 1x2 Technic bricks together (one with 2 holes and one with 1 hole) and some pins to hold the hoses in.  Then placed this on a small 2x2 turntable.  This completely relieved the stress on the bricks and actually made for a interesting detail.  Once i get the parts in the for large laser cannon I will do a complete writeup on how the majore details of this platform.

The final issue is lighting this.  What I would like and what I can do are probably far apart.  More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment