Friday, February 23, 2024

Another Curved Cliff - Part 3


 The next step is determining the exact angle necessary to accommodate the curve.  This is done with wedge plates, but there are a limited number of angles available.  

I wanted to keep these two angle pieces.  They provide a sufficient bend without being excessive.


These are closeups of the two angle modules.


This picture shows the base of those two modules.  They are constructed on opposing 12 x 3 wedge plates.  A hinge piece hold the two pieces together.  This base provides a large platform on which to build.  This process was discussed in one of the first posts I ever did, you can read that post here.

But I can't put this on the cliff or the backing hanger space.  So I either rebuild the platform connector using a single wedge plate or find a wedge plate that is equivalent to these two wedge plates in this configuration.  As the photo shows I did this graphically, but I also did the calculation mathematically. 

It ends up that a 6 x 3 wedge plate is equivalent, as this photo shows. Now I have a single wedge plate angle to build the cliff on as well as the backing hanger space.


No comments:

Post a Comment