Saturday, February 3, 2024

Loose Ends #2

 

Things have been quite busy the last week.  It started with a trip to a used brick store near Roseville CA.  You can see the results above.  This was a 250mile round trip, but worth it.  Including gas money, it would have cost a lot more to purchase this quantity of parts on Bricklink.

But I have been buying on Bricklink.  With Brick Days in Omaha only 6 weeks away, I needed to focus on determining what parts I need to finish the right side curved wall.  The planing cycle is 2-3 days to determine which parts are needed.  Then at least a day trying to find the optimal purchase of parts and shipping costs.  Then waiting up to a week for the parts to arrive, especially this time of year since I am dependent on whims of the Sierra Nevada passes.  So one cycle can easily take 10 days.  That leaves me with maybe 4 cycles.  Planning is paramount.  So I have spend the last week prototyping the cliff and hanger areas in this last area  Now that is done, I can move on.

Finally got around to finishing building out the last five Brick Buddy 3 controllers.  




No comments:

Post a Comment