Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Floating Platform Update

 

 This was my first incarnation of the floating platform.  The first time this was shown was in the fall of 2023.  It was simple, but I had more landing platforms and had more ideas.  


I started with a simple ramp the returning patrol marched up.  But it did not fit into the story, since the black was supposed to represent the abyss.  It started because I had these plates.

That expanded to the first picture.  A short description is here, but there are multiple blog posts about this portion of the display. But I always wanted it to be bigger.  It provides the necessary contrast to the cliffs.


Here is where I ended up, for now.  I added a third connection point on the original platform and moved the lights to the end.  There is still a connection near the mid point on the long side on the left.  I still have left a complete set of plates, one landing and one T style plate.  I may still use these, but that will force me out 10 16 feet pretty easily.

The rest of this post will be the night shots I took of this and a quick movie at the end.


















 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment