Monday, April 22, 2024

Floating Platform - Assembly Problem

 

Well I thought I had solved the assembly and made it much easier.  That turned out not to be true.  

Over the weekend I was at the BayLUG meeting.  I had taken this to the meeting to test the setup process.  It had been about 4 weeks since I had set this portion up on the build table.  Thus I had completely forgot how this goes together.  But it needs to be obvious.  There has to be guides that ensure it can only together one way.

Obviously this was not the case, as I struggled for 15 minutes or more trying to align the three platforms.  Plus the cable that runs between the base plates is just too short.  

So it is back to the build table and another attempt to simplify this assembly.  My limitation on the display is now the time it takes to setup and tear down.  At 3.5 hours of setup and 2.5 hours of tear down, I am pushing the limits of what is allowable.  I cannot add much more because there will not be time for setup and tear down.  I would have to radically change the way the display is assembled.


No comments:

Post a Comment