Monday, April 1, 2024

More Bulk Bricks


 Part of the last few weeks has been stopping at various used brick locations and rummaging through their collections.  But because of the work on the display for Brick Days, I never got to sorting and storing this collection.  I would occasionally pick parts out that I needed, but that was the extent to which I attacked this problem.  The picture above is only part of the total amount I collected, since I also got several bags at Brick Days as these photos show me rummaging through the brick piles.




Here I have reduced the pile to different containers.  A large portion of the bulk bricks was Technic bricks, which I have already put away. 

We are basically down to the end here.  Lots of single pieces that I have to remember where they go.  Dont want multiple pieces of the same piece in multiple locations.

At Brick Days I answered this basic question multiple times and I have said it before, but it bears repeating.  Of my Lego time, I spend at least 20% of it sorting and storing bricks.  This is either from bulk purchases and from the occasional cleanup I do while building.  My basic philosophy is this, if I have the brick and can't find it, then I really don't have the brick.

 


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment