Monday, March 27, 2023

Cliff Wall Update - DONE!

 
 For now I am done with the Cliff wall building.  These pictures show the four pieces.  How not disappointed in ho they turned, but I think they can be better.

As I noted in the earlier post, I managed to achieve a good level of randomness. I wanted one cliff to have an entrance/window in it.  I settled on the window for now.  I am not sure I am happy with this.  It was a design choice between a flat window or a curved window.  I went with flat because it made more sense.  I will eventually build an opening that the Blacktron guys will go through to get to the launch module.  Also a smaller door for Mtron guys to move back and forth.

I also wanted to have some streaking of a different color in it.  And with the tan color parts running low, an opportunity to focus on this happened.  As you can see on the right side of the cliff with the window in it.  On the next picture down there is just a small streak in one section. When I did my first cliff sections, I actually did one with several color shades.  But I also did it vertically (see the next picture).  Well that is generally not how nature works, since things get laid down in a horizontal pattern,  Now it is true that you can have uplifts, but that just causes a shit in the horizontal pattern.

Now many years ago when working on my HO train layout I did the same thing as you can see in these two pictures.  But I did it geologically correct.

I am sure that these will change over time.  One my skill level might improve,😋 and two new techniques will be developed along with new parts.






No comments:

Post a Comment